The Fall Product Program is designed for easy participation of all girl scouts with the exception of Daisy troops, and allow troops to earn much needed funds at the beginning of the program year. Troops and girls get to choose how to participate in the program with these options:
- Girls collect nut/candy orders on an order card from friends and family earning their troop $1 per item! Products will arrive early November to be delivered to customers.
- Girls collect paper magazine subscriptions and more, along with payment up front. Troops will earn 10% for all of their magazine orders.
- Girls set up an online store. Customers order and pay online; product is shipped directly to customers. Troops earn 20% for candy/nut orders. Troops will earn 10% from online magazine and more sales.
2017–2018 Fall Product Dates
August 1 :: Parent Email
August 21 :: Online Portal launches
Mid August - September :: SU Fall Product Training
September 1 - October 8 :: Online Sale Dates
September 16 - October 8 :: In Person Order Taking
October 9, 2017 :: Orders Due in NutE
November 3 - 26 :: Delivery
Fall Family Product Email
During the Fall Product season, an email will be sent to parents/guardians telling them about the Fall Product Program. Our objective is to share the benefits, the ease and the many ways of participating in the Fall Product Program. Here are a few key topics covered in the email:
We have created an online Fall Product Program Family Guide that shares details of our Fall Product Program with families. The guide contains the product lineup, girl rewards information about the Parent/Guardian Permission and Ethics Pledge and more. The online Fall Product Program Family Guide will be available on August 1, and a link will be provided in the email.
- Families may participate in the Fall Product Program through the online storefront, even if a troop is not participating. The girl earns personal rewards and the troop still earns funds based on the earning potential listed below.
How Troops Benefit from the Fall Product Program
Every year, registered Girl Scouts take orders from friends and family for the delicious nuts, candies, magazines subscriptions and more as part of the Fall Product Program. By participating in this program, girls and troops get a head start on funding their activities for the year! Council-wide troops combined earned $55,000 in troop proceeds from the 2016 Fall Product Program. It's also great practice for the upcoming cookie season!
- Troops earn funds to facilitate the troop's goals early in the year before other money earning activities have happened.
- 20% on all online nut/candy and more orders
- 10% on all magazine orders
- $1 per nut/candy item from the in-person order card
- Girl participation can also help their service unit earn funds towards additional Girl Scout programming within their service unit (SU pennies)
Ways to participate
Online storefront - Starting August 21, every registered Girl Scout will receive an email to register and set up an online storefront. Girls send out emails to friends and family starting September 1. Customers then place orders and pay online with purchases shipped directly to them. Online customers gain access to a larger selection of nuts, candy, magazines and more!
Girls can also collect nut/candy orders in person from friends and family on an order card. Products will then be delivered in early November with payment collected at time of delivery.
- Girls collect in-person magazine subscriptions along with payment up front.
Troop Product Manager Training
Watch for information from your service unit announcing Fall Product Training. Your service unit product manager will be receiving materials mid-August; training will be shortly thereafter. Attending this training is imperative to your success in the Fall Product Program and is required to obtain the paper order forms.
Leaders will want to have a parent meeting to share the details of the Fall Product Program with families. To assist troops with this, we've created a "Meeting in a Box". The outline is based on a 2 hour meeting. The first hour is for the girls so they can set goals and make plans for the sales. In the second hour, families will join the meeting to discuss details of the Fall Product Program. During the second hour, girls participate in fun activities that prepare them for success and get them excited about the sale. The "Meeting in a Box" will be provided to you in early August.